We offer a free and convenient repeat prescription service, ideal for those on regular medication or those with a busy lifestyle meaning you can look forward to having your medicines ready and waiting.
This service also includes FREE delivery of your prescriptions.
We can store your Prescription and ensure your medicine is in stock and ready for you next month. Simply collect your medicines when you are ready!
Take the hassle out of ordering and collecting repeat prescriptions, avail of our FREE home delivery service – also ideal for heavy or bulky items.
Ideal For Elderly or Infirm
O’Donnell’s Pharmacy can arrange for your medication to be dispensed and discreetly delivered direct to your home. This is ideal if you or you care for someone who is housebound or maybe elderly with impaired movement.
Talk to your local O’Donnell’s Pharmacist today and see the difference it could make for you!
A Range Of Services
The HSE provides benefits and services to thousands of families and individuals in Ireland, and all of the schemes are provided for in law to make the cost of health and medical care more affordable for all. Follow the links listed below to help answer your questions about these schemes, and to show you HOW and WHERE to apply.
The Complete List
- Medical Cards:– Medical Cards allow people to access Family Doctor or GP services
- GP Visit Cards:– GP Visit Cards can allow individuals and families in Ireland to visit their family doctor for free
- Drugs Payment Scheme: – Under the Drugs Payment Scheme, an individual or family in Ireland only has to pay €144 each month for approved prescribed drugs
- Long Term Illness Scheme:– If you have certain long-term illnesses or disabilities, you may apply to join the Long Term Illness Scheme
- Hepatitis C Services: – If you contracted Hepatitis C from the administration within Ireland of blood or blood products read further
- European Health Insurance Card (EHIC): – EHIC allows the holder to access health care services when travelling to other EU or EEA countries
- Community Welfare Services:- Community Welfare Services are provided by Community Welfare Officers (CWOs) in the HSE.
- Domiciliary Care Allowance: – Domiciliary Care Allowance is a monthly allowance paid to the parent or guardian of children under 16 who have a severe disability requiring continuous care and attention. Applications have to be made to The Department of Social and Family Affairs
- Blind Welfare Allowance:– The Blind Welfare Allowance is part of special services for blind persons in Ireland.
- Infectious Disease Maintenance Allowance:-IDMA is a means tested payment made by the HSE to people over the age of 16 who are suffering from certain infectious diseases.
- Mobility Allowance:- A means tested monthly payment payable by the HSE to people aged between 16 – 66 who have a disability and are unable to walk or use public transport-
- Motorised Transport Grant: A means tested HSE payment for people with disabilities who need to buy a car.
Choose from the options above to read more. Most schemes are run from your Local Health Office, and you will find a list of Local Health Offices here.
You can also call the HSE infoline staff on 1850 24 1850, from Monday to Saturday, 8am to 8pm. O’Donnell’s staff can also advise you on all of these schemes and benefits, and tell you how to apply.
For all schemes dedicated to Older People – Visit the HSE’s Older People Section
If you have visited O’Donnell’s pharmacies recently, you may have noticed our pharmacist offering you a generic substitute for some over the counter medicines, and also for prescriptions where the doctor has used the INN or generic name for your medicine. Generic medicines are safe copies of well-known medicines.
These days, more and more people are choosing generic medicines in Ireland. After all, they contain the same active ingredient as the product they are based on, and they’re just as effective and just as safe as branded medicines.
The generic version is usually available at a lower cost. So you save money while the medicine does its job.
At O’Donnell’s Pharmacies, we understand the needs of our Care Home partners.
We offer a professional Pharmacist led service that is personalised to meet the needs of each Care Home.
What We Offer
We can provide your Care Home with a safe, efficient, and complete Pharmacy service:
- Daily Delivery Service with emergency out of hours backup service
- Medication packed in a Monitored Dosage System (MDS), namely Biodose
- Medication Profile Documentation with Patient Photos and full Tablet Images
- Regular 3 monthly Medication reviews with Care Home Team
- Training for Care Home Staff on medication
- Provision of equipment necessary for the safe storage and dispensing of medication in the Care Home
O’Donnell’s Pharmacies specialise in providing the Biodose brand of Blister Packs. For more information on Biodose Blister Packs visit https://pharmacyprime.ie
Contact Us Today
Talk to us today to see how we can benefit you.