Services We Offer
Home Medication Management
Whether you, a friend or a family member have any problems taking, or remembering to take your medication, then blister packed medicines may be the solution to your problems. Maybe you’re a carer and care for someone who could benefit from a little extra help with their medication.
How It Helps
You will benefit from blister packed medicines if you experience any of the following:
- Whether you find your medication confusing
- Are not sure when to take which tablet
- Can’t remember if you’ve taking your dose today
- Find it difficult to open that tablet bottle or pop the tablet out of it’s pack
- Can’t quite read the label on the package
- Or you forget to order your medication on time and find yourself running out of medicines
O’Donnell’s Pharmacies specialise in providing the Biodose brand of Blister Packs. For more information on Biodose Blister Packs visit https://pharmacyprime.ie
Ask instore for more information regarding blister packed medicines.
A woman over 16 years of age can use emergency contraception to prevent pregnancy after having unprotected sex, or if a method of contraception has failed.
The effectiveness of the emergency contraceptive pill decreases over time. If it is taken within 24 hours of having unprotected sex, it prevents 95% of pregnancies.
Most women can use the emergency contraceptive pill, including women who are breastfeeding and those who cannot usually use hormonal contraception (such as the combined pill or contraceptive patch).
The emergency contraceptive pill should not be used as a regular method of contraception.
For more information, see the HSE website on the emergency contraceptive pill.
Other Useful Links
O’Donnell’s Pharmacists are available to tailor a plan best suited to your needs and preferences in order to help you stop smoking.
Your Pharmacist will explain the negative effects of smoking and the benefits of giving up smoking.
We will help you:
- choose the most suitable products for you to use as part of your quit programme
- by providing useful information on personal triggers and how to beat the cravings
- with the withdrawal symptoms
- by providing you with with a weekly progress tracker
- in times when motivation is needed in cases of slip ups
Contact Us Today
To find out more about the O’Donnell’s Pharmacy Smoking Cessation programme – Talk to the Pharmacy team today!
Support And Advice
O’Donnell’s Pharmacists can provide excellent support and advice on the correct technique of using your inhaler and managing your asthma medication.
Using an inhaler is the most common way of taking asthma medicines. Using an inhaler is very effective, because inhaling the medicine takes it straight into your lungs. Many people experience problems with their inhalers.
Just Call In
Just call into the store and the Pharmacist team will be happy to help you with your inhaler technique to ensure you are getting the optimum result from your medicine.
Asthma Treatments- The Basics
Although there is no cure for asthma, there are some excellent medicines available to help you to control your asthma so that is does not interfere with your daily life.
It is important that you take your asthma medicine properly and that your doctor, pharmacist or asthma nurse has explained how to use inhalers properly so that every dose you take gives you the most benefit.
Make Everyday Tasks Easier
O’Donnell’s Pharmacies can supply a wide range of everyday living and safety aids to help make many everyday tasks easier for our elderly patients.
Some of the more common products supplied are:
- Walking Frames and Walking Sticks
- Specialist Cutlery and Cooking Utensils
- Shower Seats and Grab Handles
- Toilet Steps and Safety Seats
- Incontinence Products
To see the full range of products and equipment we offer please visit the Murray Medicals Website